Begin A New Adventure!
Ranked #1 Sailing School in the Pacific Northwest by the readers of "Practical Sailor"!
Why choose San Juan Sailing School?
- The ONLY school that offers fully provisioned and overnight on ALL of our courses (two days or more)! We want you to experience the cruising lifestyle right away and know that the live-aboard opportunity (with food provided) enhances your learning potential.
- The world's finest classroom: the beautiful U.S. San Juan and Canadian Gulf Islands!
- Value! You’ll not find finer boats, better instructors, or a more enjoyable learning environment than San Juan Sailing, and our rates are extremely competitive!
- Founded in 1982, San Juan Sailing School is one of the most experienced and well respected sailing schools in the Northwest.
- Accredited by the internationally recognized American Sailing Association - Basic Sailing through Advanced Cruising and Catamaran Instruction.
- Professional, experienced, patient instructors - people you'll enjoy!
- Hands-on learning, small classes and individual attention.
- Modern, fully equipped, Coast Guard approved sailboats 30' - 49'.
- Courses begin and end in Bellingham, WA, where we look out to the San Juan Islands and are conveniently located and easily accessed by air or Interstate 5.
- Discounts on future charters and advanced training for our school graduates!
- Friendly, helpful staff to answer your questions and help you achieve your sailing goals. We’re all sailors here and share your excitement to be on the water!
- Different formats to fit your schedule:
- Learn-n-Cruises: Week-long live-aboard courses. Learn while you cruise through North America's #1 cruising ground. There are three Learn-n-Cruise options. They are Basic Sailing to Bareboat Cruising (ASA 101, 103, 104 Charter Certification), Cruising Catamaran (ASA 114 Cruising Catamaran and ASA 105 Coastal Navigation) and Advanced Coastal (ASA 105 Coastal Navigation and ASA 106 Advanced Coastal Cruising).
- Weekend Courses: 9AM Saturday - 5PM Sunday. Choice of Basic Sailing (ASA 101), Basic Coastal Cruising (ASA 103), Bareboat Cruising (ASA 104 Charter Certification) and Docking Endorsement (ASA 118).
- Cruising Catamaran Instruction: Weekend Cruising Catamaran course or week-long Cruising Catamaran Learn-n-Cruise.
- Private Instruction: Available on our boats or yours.
- Flotilla Opportunities: A great next step! Join a flotilla to gain confidence while traveling with other boats.